Barfoot & Thompson Maxi Enduro
Four c1rcuits of Lake Taupo!
The Barfoot & Thompson Maxi Enduro covers 4 full circuits around Lake Taupo – a whopping 640 km. Start is in Tongariro Street, Taupo, outside the Great Lake Centre – we provide a starter and a gun time.
The pick-up time for ride packs for the Barfoot & Thompson Maxi Enduro riders will be from 8.30am Friday morning only, just inside the entrance to The Great Lake Centre.
Riders must arrange their own support except for the last lap. We regret that your support vehicles cannot accompany you on the last lap. For the final lap we will provide full course services including a sag wagon, water and Peakfuel hydration stops, St. John and other support.
Barfoot & Thompson Enduro riders must be visible for night riding with cycle lights front and rear along with high visibility gear. All riders of this endurance cycle event will be issued with a pink fluoro over cap. Please wear this so that police, officials and spectators can recognise you. We’ll try to welcome you at the finish. You are special!
We will be providing an Extreme Track GPS Unit to every Extreme and Maxi Enduro entrant
The Contact Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge is pleased to welcome Audax Riders to the Barfoot & Thompson Enduro. Anyone interested in knowing more about Audax either look at www.audax.org.au or email Gary Armsworth at email@example.com. Gary has an excellent description of the challenge, useful for all first time riders to read. The Barfoot & Thompson Maxi Enduro distance will offer Audax Riders a qualifying ride in excess of 600 km.
Endurance Riders Breakfast
We are holding a special breakfast for all Barfoot & Thompson Enduro riders, Cadence Club and supporters on Sunday morning following the event, with guest speakers and the opportunity to celebrate with your fellow riders. The cost of the breakfast is $20 and we hope to have a full attendance including some past riders. If you wish to attend please select the breakfast option when you complete your online entry. Breakfast will be held in the Taupo Yacht Club, Ferry Rd
Some tips for your final weeks of training:
• Get used to night riding – you will have hours of darkness without any street lights.
• Be prepared for cold temperatures at night – some good Enduro riders have dropped out in the past through coldness.
• Carefully plan food, drink and hydration.
• Park your car in a handy place in Taupo to replenish supplies.
• Perhaps have a break in Taupo.
• Check and re-check your cycle.
• Check that your clothing isn’t going to chafe after hours of friction.
• Be prepared for every kind of breakdown.
• You have plenty of time, don’t burn out. Finishing is the objective.
• Try to cycle in groups – it is safer and easier.
• Enjoy the last lap when you’ll have the company of thousands of other riders.
For more information, please contact Keith Crate or download the Enduro Reference Guide 2013
Download the MAXI AND EXTREME ENDURO SUPPORT WAIVER