Bike fest programme for the 2013 event will be updated closer to the event.
2012 Bike fest
Taupo’s festival of cycling leading up to New Zealand’s largest cycling event , the Contact Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge – gives you more reasons to come early, stay longer, and experience Taupo’s wonderful range of cycling opportunities in 2012.
BikeFest involves just about every aspect of cycling for all age groups and fitness levels- with plenty of spectator activities too.
The festival’s an opportunity for people to get out and give biking, or a different style of cycling a go. From BMX to mountain biking, Guinness World Record challenges, cycle clinics and a chance to join in with Taupo’s many cycling club events. BikeFest is developing a great range of local and regional cycle tour options, particularly for international cyclists riding in the Contact Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge.
Check out the BikeFest website for a full programme www.bikefest.co.nz and Bike Taupo’s website for a range of cycling events and tracks around Taupo www.biketaupo.org.nz. Other local cycling clubs to keep an eye on: www.trisporttaupo.co.nz; www.taupobmx.org.nz; and www.taupocyclingclub.org.nz.
TryTaupo4 is a great opportunity for everyone who wants to get (back) into activity to set their goals and get started. It comprises of a group of 4 events over a period of a half year to keep you fit without going to extremes.
- Walk or run 1 of the quarter off road marathons (10 km), bike one leg (40km) of the Around the Lake Challenge, swim 1 km of the Across the Lake and swim, bike and run in the 3-9-3 Kinloch Triathlon.
Anyone who is interested can text, call or email Aniek on 021 827642, email@example.com. Sport Waikato will provide a training schedule, a training log and information to support you along the way. Those who finish all four events will win a TryTaupo4 sport shirt they can wear for their next events.
- Saucony 10 km Run/Walk (8 July 2012) OR the Mizuno Quarter Marathon (run/walk) (1 September 2012)
- 40 km (1 leg) of the Contact Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge (30 November 2012)
- 3-9-3 Kinloch Triathlon (300m swim, 9km bike, 3km run) (3 February 2013)
- 1km swim from Across the Lake Swim (23 February 2013)
This is your chance to get involved. The training for these events won’t take over your life - but it will change it!