Barfoot & Thompson Enduro
|Start 1:30am|| || || |
|Saturday 30 November|
|Entry Fee||$110.00 |
Two full circuits around Lake Taupo – 320km.
Start in Redoubt Street, Taupo.
We provide a starter & a gun time. A sag wagon is provided for your first lap then for the final lap we will provide full course services including a sag wagon, drink stations, St John & other support.
Enduro riders must be visible for night riding with cycle lights front and rear and high visibility gear.
All riders will be issued with a yellow fluoro overcap. Please wear this so that Police, officials and spectators can recognise you. We try to welcome you at the finish. You are special!
The Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge is pleased to welcome Audax riders to the Enduro. Anyone interested in knowing more about Audax either look at www.audax.org.au or email Gary Armsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org, Gary has an excellent description of the challenge, (useful for all first time riders to read.)
Reception for Enduro riders is the same as other entrants except that anyone arriving after 10:00 pm on Friday will need to pick up their packs at 1 am at the start.
ENDURANCE RIDERS BREAKFAST
We are holding a special breakfast for all Enduro riders, Cadence Club & supporters on Sunday morning, following the event with a guest speaker & general fellowship.
The cost of the breakfast is $15 and we hope to have a full attendance including some past riders.
If you wish to attend please select the breakfast option when you make your entry. Details of venue & time will be provided closer to the event.
Some tips for your final weeks of training:
• Get used to night riding - you will have hours of darkness without any street lights.
• Be prepared for cold temperatures at night - some good Enduro riders have dropped out in the past through coldness.
• Carefully plan food and drink.
• Park your car in a handy place in Taupo, to replenish supplies.
• Perhaps have a break in Taupo.
• Check and re-check your cycle.
• Check that your clothing isn't going to chafe after hours of friction.
• Be prepared for every kind of breakdown.
• You have plenty of time, don't burn out. Finishing is the objective.
• Try to cycle in groups - it is safer and easier.
• Enjoy the last lap when you'll have the company of thousands of other riders.
For more information about the Enduro, contact Keith Crate on email@example.com or download the Enduro Reference Guide (861KB)