Barfoot & Thompson Maxi Enduro
|Start 10:30am|| || || |
|Friday 29 November|
|Entry Fee |
Four full circuits around Lake Taupo - 640km.
Start in Tongariro Street, Taupo, outside the Great Lake Centre.
We provide a starter & a gun time.
The pick up time for ride packs for the Maxi Enduro riders only will be from 8.30 am Friday morning just inside the entrance to The Great Lake Centre.
Riders must arrange their own support except for the last lap. We regret that your support vehicles cannot accompany you on the final lap. For the final lap we will provide full course services including a sag wagon, drink stations, St John & other support.
Enduro riders must be visible for night riding with cycle lights front and rear and high visibility gear.
All riders will be issued with a pink flouro overcap. Please wear this so that Police, officials and spectators can recognise you. We try to welcome you at the finish. You are special!
The Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge is pleased to welcome Audax riders to the Enduro. Anyone interested in knowing more about Audax either look at www.audax.org.au or email Gary Armsworth at firstname.lastname@example.org. Gary has an excellent description of the challenge, (useful for all first time riders to read). The Maxi Enduro distance will offer Audax riders a qualifying ride in excess of 600 km.
ENDURANCE RIDERS BREAKFAST
We are holding a special breakfast for all Enduro riders, Cadence Club & supporters on Sunday morning, following the event, with a guest speaker & general fellowship.
The cost of the breakfast is $15 and we hope to have a full attendance including some past riders.
If you wish to attend please select the breakfast option when you make your entry. Details of venue & time will be provided closer to the event.
Some tips for your final weeks of training:
• Get used to night riding - you will have hours of darkness without any street lights.
• Be prepared for cold temperatures at night - some good Enduro riders have dropped out in the past through coldness.
• Carefully plan food and drink.
• Park your car in a handy place in Taupo, to replenish supplies.
• Perhaps have a break in Taupo.
• Check and re-check your cycle.
• Check that your clothing isn't going to chafe after hours of friction.
• Be prepared for every kind of breakdown.
• You have plenty of time, don't burn out. Finishing is the objective.
• Try to cycle in groups - it is safer and easier. Enjoy the last lap when you'll have the company of thousands of other riders.
For more information, please contact Keith Crate email@example.com or Download the Enduro Reference Guide (861KB)
Extreme and Maxi Support guide download here
Extreme and Maxi check in sheet download here